The search and Replace window provides controls to quickly find specific or partial text in accordance with defined search options, then replace that text with specified new text.
The search and replace window can be opened by selection the Search and Replace option from the segment grid column header menu, or via translate5 shortcuts:
- ctrl+f - open search and replace window with focus on the search tab
- ctrl+h - open search and replace window with focus on the replace tab
- Search for: use this field to enter the text string for which you want to search. Either enter the full word or search for a partial string.
- Replace: use this field to enter the replacement text string. The text entered will completely replace the resulting text string found through the Search for entry and defined options
- Search in: use this field to define on which translate5 column the search will be performed. In the replace tab only the editable columns are available.
- Match case: enable this option to perform a case-sensitive search, meaning the target text must match the case of the search text entered into the Search for field. This option has no bearing on the replacement text, which simply follows the case used for the text entered into the Replace With field.
- Search towards the top: navigate towards the top of the segment grid when changing the next match occurrence
- Use for search:
Normal search: match the search given in the Search for field
Wildcards: the string can contain the wildcard characters ? (single character) and * (any group of characters)
Regular expression : the search string is considered as a regular expression (there can be some regula expression sintax which is not supported by translate5. Contact the translate5 support team for more info).
- Save segment on close: if checked(by default yes), the segment will be saved when is closed via search navigation
When filter on the segment grid column is active, the search and replace will be performed only on the affected columns by the filter.