- Prefixed with "E" so that a search for the error code through the code is more reliable than just searching for a number
- No structure in the numbering to prevent discussions is it an error E12XX or E45XX
- Do not start at 1 and don't use leading zeros.
- Each usage of an error in the code should get separate code. Even if the error message / reason is the same. Reason is that the help desk might need to do different things in different cases.
- Information about the error here in the list should not be copied, but errors can point to another errors: "E 4321: See E 1234". Thats work to maintain, but better as confusing the client by giving wrong hints.
- if it makes sense for the support / help desk to split up an error in different errorcodes because of different reasons, than this should be done in the code so far
Never forget the purpose of error codes: make life easier for support / help desk.
'E1061' => 'Entity locked',
'E1062' => 'Entity in use',